Blackboard > Name Changing

User Name Changes

If you need to change the spelling of your name or change your last name due to marriage or other circumstances, please complete the following steps:

  1. Go to the nearest campus with a copy of your marriage, divorce or other legal name change certificate. Go to the Registration department (at the downtown campus that is room S115). They will change your name in the official student information system. If you are not able to come to campus please fax a copy of a picture ID with your new name and a copy of the marriage, divorce, or other legal name change certificate. The fax number is (414) 297-6371.

  2. Fill out a helpdesk ticket informing helpdesk of your name change or call them at (414) 297-6541. They change your email address to reflect your new name and this will be automatically transferred to Blackboard the next day.


** You must complete both steps in order to have your name changed in Blackboard.